When the sales pipeline is full, it is easy to overlook small business customers where budgets may be tighter. Enterprising trade allies understand that small businesses benefit from the same solutions offered to large customers, and their projects may be quicker to install. LED lighting projects well-suited for small businesses include:
- Interior and exterior lighting
- Exit and business signs
- Lighting controls
Incentives and energy cost savings impact the small business owner’s bottom line, but the advantages that come with an investment in energy-efficient LEDs may offer even more benefits. When selling to small businesses, consider how the following benefits can add value to your customer:
- Better light levels increase employee productivity and morale. Improved lighting can also boost business activity by improving office and retail space, or by making it easier for customers to see products on display.
- Reduced maintenance lowers operating costs. Controlling overhead costs and improving the bottom line helps put savings back into their business.
- Increased safety and security for customers and employees. Location, season, and operating hours all affect the appeal of a business. Owners want visitors to the property to feel safe and secure to keep them coming back.
- Reduced carbon emissions. The environmental payoff of LED lighting is an essential value to many businesses and one they want to share with their customers. Buying energy-efficient products can also enhance the marketability of their products, services, or brand image.
As you explore new project opportunities in your area, remember to work with your local field specialist to get up-to-date information on utility incentives and project requirements.
Category: Best Practices
Tags: LED Lighting Controls