Packaged Terminal Heat Pumps
For qualifying commercial buildings
Download the info sheet
Packaged Terminal Heat Pumps (PTHPs) are an efficient replacement for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners (PTACs), often found in commercial buildings with small living spaces. Both offer similar air-cooling performance; however, instead of electric resistance heating elements, PTHPs use energy-saving heat pump technology for consistent, even warmth inside when the weather cools. Compact and easy to install, these units are ideal for commercial lodging and senior living facilities.
Payback & Incentives
To get started, contact your Trade Ally Network NW field specialist for help with forms and program incentives. Utility participation and incentives vary.
Up to $600
Amount received for qualifying energy efficient Packaged Terminal Heat Pump retrofits in qualifying commercial buildings. Or, $100 per PTHP in new construction.
A typical project payback, including incentives.
For retrofits, 1-3 years with incentives. New construction is less than one year after incentives.
Find Local Incentives
Use this tool to search for incentive programs available in your project area.
Improved Energy Efficiency
Better Heating Control
Eligible building types for this measure include:
- A lodging building type, such as hotel, motel, bed and breakfast, boarding/rooming house, apartment hotel, dormitory, and shelter.
- A residential care building type, such as nursing home, retirement home, and assisted living.
- The space is conditioned by a PTAC or zonal electric-resistance heat as the primary heating source.
- No other heating sources are eligible.
- The installed PTHP must have an AHRI certificate of product rating.