Trade Ally Network NW COVID-19 Response
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed how our industry, and the world, is doing business. Over these past 18 months the safety of our field team, trade allies and communities has been our top priority and we hope you, your families, and co-workers are in good health.
While the pandemic’s impact is far from over we’re seeing positive signs of recovery. Northwest businesses are continuing to reopen, once-shelved projects are gaining traction, and we’re fielding increased requests for help with proposed new energy-efficiency projects.
As we have been throughout the pandemic, the Trade Ally Network NW team is at work supporting utilities and trade allies throughout the region. Our goal is to help you keep projects moving forward in a manner that best suits your needs.
- Field specialists are available to review projects, answer questions, and share utility program offerings. As the situation allows, we’re making more site visits in-person. We remain flexible and will gladly deliver these services by phone or online.
- In-person site visits must be approved in advance.
- Virtual Workshops have concluded for now. Visit our website to view recordings of any webinars you may have missed. Watch our training events page and your email for news of next season’s workshop schedule.
- Online learning is available 24/7 with new courses posted in 2021. Free access to the online learning center is available to all registered Network trade allies.
- The Network is working to keep projects moving through the system as project verification delays could have a negative impact on utility programs and trade ally trust and support of the program.
As your business continues to adjust to changing market conditions, material and equipment delays, or other issues, contact your regional field specialist to discuss strategies and solutions that will work for you.
Category: Business Development