Advanced Rooftop Unit Controls
For commercial buildings
Download Saving Tool
Supply fan controls account for more than 80 percent of Advanced Rooftop Unit Control (ARC) retrofit energy savings. These retrofits can reduce fan speeds up to 40 percent during the first stage of heating and cooling, and up to 60 percent when no heating or cooling is needed. Learn more about benefits and watch our new video about how to sell ARC to customers.
Up to $250
per ton cooling capacity
Amount received for qualifying ARC retrofits in commercial buildings.
A typical project payback, including incentives.
Find Local Incentives
Use this tool to search for incentive programs available in your project area.
Reduced fan usage
Improved indoor air quality
Remote energy monitoring and control
The existing RTU must have the following characteristics:
- Heating fuel type may be electricity or gas.
- Have five tons of cooling capacity or more.
- A unitary system (split systems are not eligible); and
- Constant speed supply fan (RTUs with variable speed fans are not eligible).
Both full ARC and ARC-lite retrofits must be included on the Qualified Products List:
- Installed on an existing rooftop unit.
*Available for retrofits only. Not eligible for a connected thermostat payment.