Advanced Rooftop Unit Controls
For commercial buildings
Download Qualified Products List
Supply fan controls account for more than 80 percent of Advanced Rooftop Unit Control (ARC) retrofit energy savings. These retrofits can reduce fan speeds up to 60 percent during the first stage of heating and cooling, and up to 40 percent when no heating or cooling is needed.
Payback & Incentives
To get started, contact your Trade Ally Network NW field specialist for help with forms and program incentives. Utility participation and incentives vary.
Up to $225
per ton cooling capacity
Amount received for qualifying ARC retrofits in commercial buildings.
A typical project payback, including incentives.
Find Local Incentives
Use this tool to search for incentive programs available in your project area.
Reduced fan usage
Improved indoor air quality
Remote energy monitoring and control
The existing rooftop unit must:
- Be packaged unitary equipment (no split systems).
- Have cooling capacity of greater than or equal to five tons.
- Use a constant-speed supply fan (RTUs with variable-speed fans are ineligible).
- Have electric or gas heat.
Both full ARC and ARC-lite retrofits must be included on the Qualified Products List and add one of the following equipment options to the existing RTU:
- A VFD and controller for variable speed fan operation; or
- A multispeed motor and controller for multispeed fan operation.
Full ARC Retrofit applications must also include a controller with both of the following capabilities:
- Digital, integrated economizer control; and
- Web-enabled control, monitoring and alarms.