Advanced LED Lighting Controls
For commercial buildings
Advanced lighting controls take LED functionality and energy savings to the next level. While controls features have become more sophisticated, they are now easier to install and operate. In addition to producing an average lighting energy savings of 47 percent over facilities without controls*, advanced controls offer non-energy benefits, such as traffic sensing, space utilization and energy tracking.
*DLC 2017 report,Energy Savings from Networked Lighting Control (NLC) Systems
**Image Courtesy of CREE
Payback & Incentives
To get started, contact your Trade Ally Network NW field specialist for help with forms and program incentives. Utility participation and incentives vary.
From $50 to $120
–up to $210 max per fixture with NLCs
(general LEDs, measure series C)
–up to $620 max per fixture with NLCs
(high bay, measure series D)
Amount received for qualifying energy-efficient LEDs with NLC in commercial and industrial buildings.
Payback may be faster with advanced controls as installations are typically in a larger area that may affect more fixtures.
Find Local Incentives
Use this tool to search for incentive programs available in your project area.
Precise light control when and where it’s needed
Remote monitoring and control via smart devices
Energy savings average 47 percent over facilities without controls
Lower maintenance costs
Extended life for lighting fixtures
LEDs operate at full potential
Improved customer experience and employee productivity
- Determine the project scope; consider assistance from a lighting contractor or your local field specialist.
- Secure project pre-approval from your utility.
- Check to make sure that your Fixtures with Networked Controls are listed on the DLC Qualified Products List.
- Submit a complete application packet.
- After approval, sign agreement and complete project.
- For advanced controls, show that they network each luminaire and control device, and that they employ at least two control strategies:
- Occupancy sensing.
- Daylight harvesting or photocell control with continuous dimming.
- Either high-end trimming or personal tuning.
- Submit any post-installation documentation, including invoices.