LED Outdoor Lighting
For commercial buildings
Search DLC Qualified Products List
In addition to its aesthetic appeal, LED outdoor lighting increases safety and security at a commercial property while reducing energy use. Properly specified, LEDs reduce unwanted or unnecessary light trespass, and can easily incorporate controls. There are incentive-qualifying LED fixture options for a variety of exterior applications, including parking lots, pathways, parking garages, canopies and exterior walls. LED fixture and lamp requirements vary by utility.
Payback & Incentives
Utility participation, incentives and LED fixture and lamp requirements vary. Please contact your local utility to verify availability and amounts.
per fixture for general indoor/outdoor LEDs, measure series C
Amount received for qualifying energy-efficient LEDs in commercial buildings. Incentives increase when Networked Lighting Controls are included.
from $30 to $500
per fixture for LED exterior, measure series E
Amount received for qualifying energy-efficient LEDs on commercial and industrial sites.
A typical project payback based on lighting projects in BPA service territory, including incentives.
Find local utility contacts or field specialists
Use this tool to search for incentive programs available in your project area.
Lower maintenance costs
Reduced energy use (50 percent or more)
Longer life than T8 fluorescent and other lamps
Controls can add to energy savings
Better light and color quality
Improved customer experience and employee productivity
- Determine the project scope; consider assistance from a lighting contractor or your local field specialist.
- Secure project approval from your utility. Refer to the Qualified Products List.
- Submit a complete application packet. After approval, sign agreement and complete project.
- Schedule a project verification or submit photos as requested; in certain cases these may be done during installation.
- Submit any post-installation documentation, including invoices.