Ductless Heat Pumps
For commercial buildings
Download Qualified Product List
Ductless Heat Pumps are optimized for use in buildings without ductwork. They use variable-speed compressors to continuously match the heating and cooling load, avoiding the on/off cycling of conventional heating systems that result in fluctuating temperatures and high energy consumption.
Payback & Incentives
To get started, contact your Trade Ally Network NW field specialist for help with forms and program incentives. Utility participation and incentives vary.
Up to $1000
Amount received for qualifying energy-efficient Ductless Heat Pumps in commercial buildings. Or, $300 per ton for a DHP upgrade.
for a 3-ton unit
A typical project payback, including incentives.
Find Local Incentives
Use this tool to search for incentive programs available in your project area.
25 percent more efficient than central air system
Improved indoor air quality
Easy, low-cost installation
- Conditioned area is heated by zonal or forced air electric resistance heat as the primary heating source.
- No other heating sources are eligible.
- Space is conditioned by an operational or failed DHP; or
- Space is part of a building addition, new construction, or major renovation project.
The installed Ductless Heat Pump must have the following features:
- Must be rated with a minimum of 11.0 HSPF for non-ducted indoor units and 10.0 HSPF for ducted or mixed indoor units.
- Efficiency requirements apply to single and multi-head systems.
- Be included on the Qualified Products List.
*These measures cannot be used to retrofit packaged terminal air conditioning (PTAC) units.